Apprentice of the Year
The MTA Queensland Apprentice of the Year Award is an incredibly prestigious title and is awarded to a MTA Institute apprentice who has gone above and beyond in their training and is passionate about the automotive industry.
To be eligible, the student must be currently completing, or have recently completed a nationally accredited automotive apprenticeship through MTA Institute.
The Apprentice of the Year finalist are automatically selected from the MTA Institute Apprentice of the Month winners from September to August the following year. Learn more about the Apprentice of the Month, and how to nominate HERE
These 12 apprentices (one for each month) will be interviewed as part of the Apprentice of the Year judging process and the winner is announced at the Industry Awards Gala held each year in Brisbane.
Prizes for all Apprentice of the Year Finalists include:
- Milwaukee 3/8” Drive 56pc Ratchet & Socket Set (SAE and Metric)
- 2 x tickets to Industry Awards Gala
- Return flight for one, if needed, to Brisbane for the Industry Awards Gala
- One standard room if travelling outside South-East Queensland for the night of the Industry Awards Gala
- Business exposure through Motor Trader/Websites/Social Media
In addition to the above, the Winner of the Apprentice of the Year Award will receive:
- Milwaukee 218-piece Automotive Starter Toolkit (pictured below). The Automotive Starter Toolkit contains a huge range of hand tools, including screwdrivers, pliers, ratchet, socket sets, and pry bars. The toolkit also contains the M12 Stubby Impact Wrench and M12 Impact Rachet, all packed into a 40″ Steel Bench Top.
For more information and for Ts & Cs visit the event page.
For information on past winners, Click Here
2022 Apprentice of the Year Finalists
Congratulations to the following apprentices who have been nominated for the 2022 MTAQ Apprentice of the Year Award:
- Mitchell Johnston, Cam Duffy Autos, Malanda – September 2021
- Todd Marshall, Insane Performance, Rockhampton – October 2021
- Andrew Shepherd, Trucks on the Run, Toowoomba – November 2021
- Britain Leotta, Mackay Transit Coaches – December 2021
- Emily Hodda, BMAS Biloela – January 2022
- Grace Campbell, Central Bike Centre, Emerald – February 2022
- Jack Farraway, Done Right Automotive, Charters Towers – March 2022
- Timothy Louden, GMW Mechanical & Towing – April 2022
- Nathan Faggotter, Longreach Motors – May 2022
- Klarah Cassar-Tan, Mercedes-Benz Sunshine Coast – June 2022
- Lucas Giacoboni, Auto Giant Brendale – July 2022
- Phoenix Ah-Toon, Allspec Coatings – August 2022