AUR20720 Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation is a course designed to give students a basic introduction to the automotive industry. Students undertaking this course will learn a range of tasks relating to identifying and inspecting mechanical and electrical components and systems of light vehicles.
This is an ideal opportunity for candidates to increase their employability potential and this entry level course provides a pathway to an automotive apprenticeship.
This course will cover the following units:
AURAEA002 – Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
AURAFA103 – Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
AURAFA104 – Resolve routine problems in an automotive workplace
AURASA102 – Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
AURETK001 – Identify, select and use low voltage electrical test equipment
AURETR103 – Identify automotive electrical systems and components
AURETR115 – Inspect, test and service batteries
AURLTA101 – Identify automotive mechanical systems and components
AURTTK102 – Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
AURTTA002 – Assist with automotive workplace activities
AURTTE003 – Remove and tag engine system components
AURTTJ003 – Remove and replace wheel and tyre assemblies
The MTA Institute campus, Freeway Office Park, Building 8, 2728 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains. Work placement may also be incorporated at a suitable worksite.
Five weeks of face to face college-based training and assessment.
MTA Institute uses a range of training and assessment methods. These include written and verbal questions/answers; and demonstration and observation of practical tasks.
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee program a participant must:
- not hold or be undertaking a Certificate level III or higher qualification*
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency.
- permanently reside in Queensland and can provide residential confirmation of this.
- have finished secondary school or no longer be at school
- be aged 15 years or above.
*Prospective students are only eligible for one subsidised training place*
*If you completed a Certificate III qualification while in secondary school, you may still be eligible to receive a government subsidy for a Certificate III course with MTA Institute*
Further information on the Certificate 3 Guarantee program is available here
At the MTA Institute you will receive:
- Flexible, quality training and assessment
- Qualified trainers with current industry experience
- The only training organization worldwide to be endorsed by the late Sir Jack Brabham
- An Australian Qualifications Framework certificate upon competent completion of all assessment requirements