ABOUT MTA INSTITUTE
The MTA Institute is the largest independent provider of automotive apprenticeships and training in Queensland. RTO No. 31529
Opened in 2012, the Sir Jack Brabham Automotive Centre of Excellence is a $10 million, state-of-the-art facility devised to offer the very best of training environments for the automotive professionals of the future.
Equipped with the latest technology and training resources, the Centre’s design permits a flexibility that allows the Institute to monitor changing industry requirements and ensure that all apprentices and trainees are equipped with the skills to navigate current and future industry trends.
The Centre of Excellence features:
- 28 mechanical and vehicle body repair bays.
- Four fully equipped training rooms featuring the latest IT and communications technology.
- State-of-the-art equipment for learners training in collision repair, including the latest technology in spray booths and body repair systems.
- A modern kitchen and alfresco dining including BBQ area.
- The headquarters for the Motor Trades Association of Queensland (MTA Queensland), the peak body representing Queensland’s automotive industry.
- The home of MTAiQ, Australia’s first automotive innovation hub, supporting entrepreneurs and start-ups as well as existing businesses needing guidance and support to transform and adapt to market opportunities.
MTA Institute Trainers are recruited from industry, not the classroom, and are therefore highly experienced in the real world automotive industry. As well as training being offered in the MTA Institute, our esteemed trainers are also based Queensland wide and training is offered offsite.
The Institute is part of MTA Queensland, the peak body representing the interests of these employers in the retail, service and repair sectors of Queensland’s automotive industry. Through advocacy and consultation, MTA Queensland works closely with governments both state and federal, and other decision-makers, to shape policy development and ensure positive outcomes for the industry. To help achieve this, the MTA Queensland comprises 11 separate divisions, each representing a specific industry sector. The chairperson of each division represents the interest of their industry sector through their position as a member of the MTA Queensland Board. MTA Queensland is also committed to helping automotive businesses to be at their best, and works to achieve that goal by providing businesses with the services, support, advice and advocacy they need to make their organisations successful.