AUR20720 – Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
This is a nationally recognised VET accredited course for school-based students.
AUR20720 – Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation is a course designed to give school students a basic introduction to the automotive industry. Students undertaking this course will learn a range of tasks relating to identifying and inspecting mechanical and electrical components and systems of light vehicles.
This is an ideal opportunity for candidates to increase their employability potential and this entry level course provides a pathway to an automotive apprenticeship.
This course will cover the following units:
AURAEA002 – Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
AURAFA103 – Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
AURAFA104 – Resolve routine problems in an automotive workplace
AURAMA001 – Work effectively with others in an automotive workplace
AURASA102 – Follow safe working practices in an automotive workplace
AURETK001 – Identify, select and use low voltage electrical test equipment
AURETR103 – Identify automotive electrical systems and components
AURLTA101 – Identify automotive mechanical systems and components
AURTTK102 – Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
AURTTA002 – Assist with automotive workplace activities
AURTTE003 – Remove and tag engine system components
AURTTJ003 – Remove and replace wheel and tyre assemblies
- Glenmore State High School, Cnr Bruce Highway and Farm Street, Rockhampton North
- Arethusa College, 1 – 83 Deception Bay Road, Deception Bay
- MTA Institute, Building 8 Freeway Office Park, 2728 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains
Face to face training and assessment on one timetabled day per week over one school calendar year.
MTA Institute uses a range of training and assessment methods. These include written and verbal questions/answers; and demonstration and observation of practical tasks.
To be eligible for this program, candidates must:
- be a Queensland resident;
- be a school-based student in Year 10, 11 or 12;
- be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent resident, temporary resident with necessary visa permits on a pathway to permanent residency; or a New Zealand citizen; and
- not hold or be enrolled in a Certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training).
MTA Institute is serious about safety. Personal protective equipment must be worn (ie: suitable automotive workshop attire including work boots).
At the MTA Institute you will receive:
- Quality training and assessment
- Face-to-face delivered training
- Trainers with current industry experience
- Ongoing assistance from your trainer and the MTA Institute team throughout your course
- An Australian Qualifications Framework certificate within 30 days of competent completion of all assessment requirements.
Please access all information in relation to consumer advice, rights and responsibilities at this Queensland Government website.
Enrolments for 2024 commencing soon – one timetabled day per week.
FULL FEE PRICE:
MTA Institute also welcomes students who do not meet the entry requirements for this program. In this instance the full course fee of $3,300.00 will be applicable. Where fees are over $1,500 for an individual, a payment plan will be implemented.