This is a nationally recognised VET accredited course.
This program is designed to provide students with a basic introduction to the automotive industry.
Students undertaking this program will learn a range of tasks relating to using and maintaining tools and equipment and identifying and inspecting mechanical and electrical components and systems of light vehicles.
This program forms part of the AUR20720 – Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation qualification, in which students will be enrolled.
The Auto Ready program comprises the following three units of competency:
- AURTTK102 – Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURETR103 – Identify automotive electrical systems and components
- AURLTA101 – Identify automotive mechanical systems and components
Competent completion of these units will provide students with credit towards the full AUR20720 – Certificate II in Automotive Preparation qualification and 1 QCE point.
This is a five-day, face-to-face program including training and assessment.
Brisbane – MTA Institute, Freeway Office Park, Building 8, 2728 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains.
To be eligible for this program, candidates must:
- be a Queensland resident;
- be a school-based student in Year 10, 11 or 12;
- be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent resident, temporary resident with necessary visa permits on a pathway to permanent residency; or a New Zealand citizen; and
- not hold or be enrolled in a Certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training).
MTA Institute is serious about safety. Personal protective equipment must be worn (ie: suitable automotive workshop attire including work boots).
At the MTA Institute you will receive:
- Quality training and assessment
- Face-to-face delivered training
- Trainers with current industry experience
- Ongoing assistance from your trainer and the MTA Institute team throughout your course
- An Australian Qualifications Framework certificate within 30 days of competent completion of all assessment requirements.
Please access all information in relation to consumer advice, rights and responsibilities at this Queensland Government website.
2 – 5 April 2024
8 – 12 April 2024
8:30 am to 4:00 pm
I had an amazing time at the automotive course, it was great learning more about what I plan on doing in the future!
Had an absolute blast. Trainers were great and I learned heaps.
Was an enjoyable and worthwhile course. Learned heaps!
The experience is definitely one I would do again!
Very enjoyable. I learnt a lot! Would come back for more if I could!