The Motor Trades Association of Queensland has partnered with the Queensland Overseas Foundation (QOF), Heavy Vehicle Industry Australia, Institute of Automotive Mechanical Engineers and Construction & Mining Equipment Industry Group to offer the Queensland Automotive Trades Scholarship to graduates in the Queensland automotive industry.
More than 110 Queenslanders from a wide range of industries have taken up the opportunity to travel to the international destination of their choice in pursuit of career experience with a QOF Scholarship. These outstanding graduates have returned to Queensland with enviable insights from their field, valuable cultural understandings and an international professional network.
The QOF will take the following criteria into consideration when reviewing applications:
• Evidence of applicant’s preparedness to take up the scholarship;
• Potential for impact on applicant’s employment related skills and/or knowledge and career outcomes;
• Potential for applicant to positively influence and impact the automotive industry and other VET graduates in Queensland; and
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
TS & Cs
• It is the responsibility of the recipient to make arrangements for travel and employment; the QOF Governors will mentor the recipients and can assist with introductions and advice.
• Short-listed applicants will be invited to participate in an interview process.
• Interviews with shortlisted applicants will be held in early November 2018.
• All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by 30 November 2018
• The Award Ceremony will be held in March 2019.