This course covers the fundamental skills and knowledge for automotive light vehicle mechanical technicians to diagnose and repair electrical faults in contemporary vehicles in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
- AURETK002 – Use and maintain electrical test equipment in an automotive workplace
- AURETR006 – Solder electrical wiring and circuits
- AURETR007 – Apply knowledge of automotive electrical circuits and wiring systems
- AURETR009 – Install vehicle lighting and wiring systems
- AURETR010 – Repair wiring harnesses and looms
- AURETR011 – Install basic ancillary electrical systems and components
- AURETR116 – Read and apply vehicle wiring schematics and drawings
- AURETR124 – Diagnose and repair compression ignition engine management systems
- AURETR128 – Diagnose and repair instruments and warning systems
- AURETR132 – Diagnose and repair automotive electrical systems
- AURETR143 – Diagnose and repair electronic body management systems
The duration of the course will be approximately 6-12 months depending on your experience and any gap training you may require.
An approved fully functioning automotive workshop (verified by MTA Institute).
Where the range of required work is not normally conducted at your workplace, some training and assessment may be facilitated at the Sir Jack Brabham Automotive Centre of Excellence – MTA Institute, Freeway Office Park, Building 8, 2728 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains.
Prospective students must meet the Queensland Government’s Higher Level Skills Program eligibility requirements and hold the following trade qualification:
- AUR30616 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology, or equivalent.
A copy of your qualification, including an academic transcript (list of units completed) will be required.
Be enrolled with MTA Institute as an Australian Apprentice undertaking AUR30616 – Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology. Please contact us at [email protected] for full terms and conditions relating to this option.
NB: Students will no longer be eligible for a government subsidised training place under the Higher Level Skills Program once they complete a Certificate IV level or higher qualification.
At the MTA Institute you will receive:
- Quality training and assessment
- Face-to-face delivered training
- Qualified trainers and assessors with current industry experience
- Ongoing assistance from your trainer and the MTA Institute team throughout your course
- An Australian Qualifications Framework certificate within 30 days of competent completion of all assessment requirements