JOIN THE MTAQ RACING TEAM AND GET FIRST-HAND RACING EXPERIENCE
Coming off a victorious 2019 which saw the MTAQ Racing Team place in its first championship, the MTAQ Racing Team look to make 2020 even more successful and are now inviting applications from those who wish to join the Support Crew.
Led by driver and program director David Wood, the successful applicants will be an integral component to the success of the MTAQ Racing Team and will have the opportunity to work at MTA Institute’s $10 million, state-of-the-art training facility, take part in the behind-the-scene preparation and be there for all the action on race days.
Being a member of the support crew is a non-paid volunteer opportunity which will provide the applicant with real and tangible racing experience in Australian motorsport. All food and accommodation will be covered for event days that require travel and successful applicants will also be provided with safety gear and team shirts.
This opportunity has the potential to open doors into the world of motorsport with significant opportunities presented along the way including media coverage.
This opportunity is available exclusively to current or past apprentices of the MTA Institute (RTO No 31529).
If chosen, the support crew should be available to attend racing dates listed below and up to two days prior to each event for vehicle maintenance and preparation. You do not need to be available for all dates, and attendance is flexible within the team.
- 28-29 March | Excel Motorsport Queensland State Championship Round 1 | Morgan Park, Warwick
- 5-6 June | Excel Motorsport Queensland State Championship Round 2 | Morgan Park, Warwick
- 4-5 July | Federal Tyres Invitational Cup | Morgan Park, Warwick
- 29-30 August| Excel Motorsport Queensland State Championship Round 3 | Morgan Park, Warwick
- 3-4 October | Queensland Excel Endurance Cup | Location TBA
- 21-22 November| Excel Motorsport Queensland State Championship Round 4 | Morgan Park, Warwick
The Support crew will be involved in the following duties:
- Vehicle preparation
- Mechanical work on vehicle
- Paint / panel repairs as required
- Race Day crew work
- Tuning and other maintenance
How to apply:
To apply, simply click on the button below and fill in the simple online application form.
Successful support crew applicants will be notified early March.
Decisions are final, and no appeals will accepted.