AUR20716 Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation is a course designed to give students a comprehensive set of skills as a basic introduction to the automotive industry. The trainee undertaking this course will learn to:
- service mechanical parts such as the engine, transmission (clutch, gear box and differential);
- service suspension systems (springs, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres);
- identify and inspect mechanical and electrical components of light and heavy vehicles, outdoor power equipment and motorcycles; and
- perform basic maintenance and repairs.
On competent completion of this course, students will have a higher level of skills in automotive, increasing their employability potential, and greater likelihood of successfully undertaking an apprenticeship pathway.
MTA Institute uses a range of training and assessment methods. These include written and oral questions / answers; and demonstration and observation of practical tasks.
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee program a participant must:
- not hold or be undertaking a Certificate level III or higher qualification*
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency.
- permanently reside in Queensland and can provide residential confirmation of this.
- have finished secondary school or no longer be at school
- be aged 15 years or above.
*Prospective students are only eligible for one subsidised training place*
*If you completed a Certificate III qualification while in secondary school, you may still be eligible to receive a government subsidy for a Certificate III course with MTA Institute*
Please also visit Queensland Government training website for more specific information on Certificate 3 Guarantee https://training.qld.gov.au/training/incentives/certificate3