Over the duration of your apprenticeship you will have fees (payable by instalments) that can amount to approximately $1,500, depending on the qualification you are undertaking and the units on your training plan. However, you might be eligible for fee-free training or maybe a discount.
To be eligible for fee-free training, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Enrol as a School-Based Apprentice or Trainee; OR
- Be under 21 years of age and commence or recommence training in a “high priority” apprenticeship or traineeship from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2023.
- Continue to train in a “high priority” qualification and commence units of competency from 1 July 2019.
- Be a Queensland resident.
To be eligible for a 60% discount on your fees you must fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Have not completed Year 12 AND are under 17 at the end of February in the year you commence training in a qualification that is not listed as “high priority”. Proof of age is required on enrolment.
- Hold a current health care card or pensioner card issued under Commonwealth law, or are the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a current health care card or pensioner concession card, and are named on the card. Proof must be provided to MTA Institute or your trainer at sign-up.
- Issue MTA Institute with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that you, your partner or the person of whom you are a dependant, are entitled to concessions under a health care card or pensioner concession card.
- You are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Full details of all eligibility requirements will be discussed by your MTA Institute trainer at sign-up.
For more information visit desbt.qld.gov.au/training/apprentices.