December 2020 / January 2021
What a year! I have never been one to wish time away, but this could have been one of those years to do it.
If I have learnt anything from 2020 it is resilience, and by that I mean how the training group acted in the face of adversity and how the students and employers in the industry adapted to a once-in-a-lifetime challenge. So, I say well done to all, and as we get to the Christmas/New Year break it will be well-deserved and a time to put our feet up, have a drink and enjoy the company of family and friends.
At this time of year, I like to reflect on what we have achieved as a training group, which has included:
• The MTA Institute maintaining its position as the leading independent training provider in the automotive industry, training a third of all automotive apprentices in Queensland;
• The Institute creating training flexibility through COVID-19 and working with students and employers alike to get through these challenges;
• Improving on our innovation in training delivery and support services with our learning management system and programs like Auto Camp, Automotive Pre-Voc courses and the HEV/BEV programs;
• Maintaining high levels of stakeholder satisfaction through internal and external surveys;
• Continuing a student focussed, face-to-face approach to training where all apprentices are trained at their workplaces by a qualified and experienced trainers;
• Ongoing active engagement with industry;
• Strong internal audit and continuous improvement systems utilising internal and external expertise.
These are just some of the points that have made us the benchmark of automotive training throughout 2020.
Our training group is looking forward to 2021. We want to continue with this great work and, ultimately, it will be our service to our customers that will determine our success. We also want to continue to have greater engagement with employers and students to ensure our training services maintain the outcomes that industry expects.
The MTA Institute will continue to develop a good pipeline of people coming into the industry and we will be working hard on promoting the values and benefits of working in the automotive industry as well as enabling people to get further value from upskilling in our courses.
There’s always work to be done, but everyone needs to take a break, so, from the whole of MTA Institute, we hope everyone enjoys the Christmas break and we look forward to a prosperous 2021 working with you.
15 December 2020