Well it’s that time of year when you can put your feet up for a week or so and enjoy the company of family and friends over the Christmas/New Year’s break.
No doubt it is well deserved after another busy year.
As 2019 comes to a close, I’d like to reflect on what we’ve achieved here at the MTA Institute. Those achievements have included:
- The MTA Institute maintaining its position as the leading private training provider in the automotive industry with 31 per cent of automotive apprenticeships in Queensland;
- Winning the Queensland Small Training Provider of the Year;
- The Institute demonstrating flexibility in innovation in training delivery and support services – with, for example, the My Profiling platform and Auto Camp program;
- Maintaining high levels of stakeholder satisfaction through internal and external surveys;
- Continuing a student-focused, face-to-face approach to training where all apprentices are trained at their workplaces by a qualified and experienced trainer;
- Ongoing active engagement with industry;
- Strong internal audit and continuous improvement systems utilising internal and external expertise.
These are just some of the points that has made us the benchmark of automotive training throughout 2019.
Looking forward to 2020, we want to continue with this great work. Ultimately, it will be the service we deliver to our customers that will determine our success, and we want to continue to have greater engagement with employers and students to ensure our training services maintain the outcomes that industry expects.
We really want to ensure we have a good pipeline of people coming into the industry and we’ll be working hard on promoting the values and benefits of working in the automotive industry and having participants undertake our automotive pre-vocational programs and continue on with the success of the MTA Queensland Auto Camp.
There’s always work to be done, but everyone needs a rest. So I hope everyone enjoys the Christmas break and I look forward to a prosperous 2020 working with you.