As the year comes to a close, I’d like to reflect on what we’ve achieved, which has included:
- MTA Institute maintaining its position as the leading private training provider in the automotive industry with 31 per cent of automotive apprenticeships in Queensland.
- The Institute demonstrating flexibility in innovation in training delivery and support services with, for example, projects such as My Profiling and the Auto Camp program.
- We have high levels of stakeholder satisfaction through internal and external surveys.
- A student focussed, face-to-face approach to training where all apprentices are trained at their workplaces by a qualified and experienced trainer.
- Active engagement with industry.
- Strong internal audit and continuous improvement systems utilising internal and external expertise.
These are just some of the points that have made us the benchmark of automotive training through 2018.
However, it’s not just about being good, but becoming great! Looking forward to 2019, we want to continue on with the good work we’ve achieved and strive to become great. Ultimately, it’ll be our service to our customers that will determine our success, and we’ll look to have greater engagement with employers and students to ensure our training service maintains its credibility in the eyes of industry.
I really want to ensure we have a good pipeline of people coming into the industry and we’ll be working hard on promoting the values and benefits of working in the automotive industry and have participants undertake our automotive pre-vocational programs while continuing on with the success of Auto Camp.
There’s always work to be done, but everyone needs a rest! I hope everyone enjoys the Christmas break and I look forward to a prosperous 2019 helping our clients.