Vocational Preparation Course:
AUR20716 Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation is a course designed to give students a comprehensive set of skills as a basic introduction to the automotive industry. The trainee undertaking this course will learn to:
- service mechanical parts such as the engine, transmission (clutch, gear box and differential);
- service suspension systems (springs, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres);
- identify and inspect mechanical and electrical components of light and heavy vehicles, outdoor power equipment and motorcycles; and
- perform basic maintenance and repairs.
On successful completion of this course, students will have a higher level of skills in automotive increasing their employability potential, and greater likelihood of successfully undertaking an apprenticeship pathway.
AURASA002 – Follow safe workplace practices in an automotive workplace
AURAEA002 – Follow environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
AURAFA003 – Communicate effectively in an automotive workplace
AURTTK002 – Use and maintain tools and equipment in an automotive workplace
AURTTA002 – Assist with automotive workplace activities
AURLTA001 – Identify automotive mechanical systems and components
AURETR003 – Identify automotive electrical systems and components
AURETK001 – Identify, select and use low voltage electrical test equipment
AURTTA004 – Carry out servicing operations
AURLTJ003 – Remove and refit motorcycle wheel and tyre assemblies
AURETR015 – Inspect, test and service batteries
AURAFA004 – Resolve routine problems in an automotive workplace
The MTA Institute campus, Freeway Office Park, Building 8, 2728 Logan Road, Eight Mile Plains or another suitable venue. May include work placement.
There is a range of methods used for our training and assessment which include written and oral questions / answers, and demonstration and observation of practical tasks.
To be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program a participant must:
- not hold or be undertaking a Certificate level III or higher qualification*
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency.
- permanently reside in Queensland and can provide residential confirmation of this.
- have finished secondary school or no longer be at school
- be aged 15 years or above.
Please also visit Queensland Government training website for more specific information on Certificate 3 Guarantee https://training.qld.gov.au/training/incentives/certificate3
*Prospective students are only eligible for one subsidised training place*
*If you completed a Certificate III qualification while in secondary school, you may still be eligible to receive a government subsidy for a Certificate III course with MTA Institute*
This course is subsidised through the Queensland State Government under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program.
$144.00 if you are completing the entire course or $12.00 per Unit of Competency if you are only partially completing this qualification.
You will be eligible for the concessional price of a course if you meet the eligibility requirements under the subsidised costing (you will need to provide evidence at the time of enrolment) and:
- hold or are listed on an Australian Government Low Income Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card;
- are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; or
- have a disability.
$360.00 if you are completing the entire course or $30.00 per Unit of Competency if you are only partially completing this qualification.
The Queensland Government will offset the cost of study for eligible students. You will still need to pay for a portion of your study costs.
The amount listed above is what you will need to pay.
Full Fee Price
$3 375 if you are completing the entire course or $281.25 per Unit of Competency if you are only partially completing this qualification.
This is the total cost of the course for students who do not qualify as an eligible student for a subsidy.
Monday 14 May – Friday 15 June 2018
To assess your eligibility and to apply for enrolment please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the MTA Institute you will receive:
- Flexible, quality training and assessment
- Combination of college and workplace delivery
- Qualified trainers with current industry experience
- The only training organization worldwide to be endorsed by the late Sir Jack Brabham
- An Australian Qualifications Framework certificate upon competent completion of all assessment requirements