The Awards and Dismissal Course is a 4 hour course that combines content from:
- Understanding Modern Awards
- National Employment Standards and the Fair Work System
- Dealing with Dismissals, Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying
DEALING WITH DISMISSALS, DISCRIMINATION, HARASSMENT AND BULLYING.
The dismissal aspect of this course covers:
- The legal obligations and pitfalls in terminating an employee
- Proper process for handling a redundancy
- Constructive dismissal
- Resignation in the heat of the moment
- Serious misconduct
- Unlawful reasons for termination of employment
- Correct process in lawfully terminating employment
- How to handle an unfair dismissal claim
- Possible penalties if process not followed
The discrimination, harassment and bullying portion of the course examines what constitutes discrimination, harassment and bullying and provides guidance on setting up policies and procedures for addressing these issues.
UNDERSTANDING MODERN AWARDS, NATIONAL EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS AND THE FAIR WORK SYSTEM
The awards section of the course provides attendees with a thorough understanding of the two modern awards having application within the motor industry – ie., the Vehicle Manufacturing Repair Services and Retail Award and the Clerks Private Sector Award. In addition, the National Employment Standards are examined to see how they interact with the modern awards.
Specific clauses of the awards are covered in detail to ensure all participants are aware of their obligations and responsibilities. State specific provisions such as Long Service Leave and Jury Duty are explained as these areas can cause confusion to the unwary. General topics such as annual leave, personal/carers leave, parental leave, overtime, penalty rates, casual and part time employment, public holidays, notice obligations, records keeping requirements, and meal and rest breaks are covered in detail.
Attendees are supplied with extensive notes and resource materials.
MTA Queensland Members – $363 (inc GST)
Non-members – $399.30 (inc GST)
Morning tea/Afternoon tea is provided.
For more information including course dates and how to register click HERE