Led by driver and program director David Wood, the successful applicants will be an integral component to the success of the MTAQ Racing Team and will have the opportunity to work at MTAI’s $10 million, state-of-the-art training facility and take part in the behind the scene action on race days.
If chosen, the support crew will need to be available for the preliminary preparation of all aspects of the vehicle at dates to be determined as well as attend on event dates listed below and up to two days prior to each event for vehicle maintenance.
- Prep – January 30 – MTA Queensland Training Facility
- Prep – February TBA – MTA Queensland Training Facility
- Round 1 – March 10 to 12 – Morgan Park Raceway, Warwick
- Round 2 – May 19 to 21 – Morgan Park Raceway, Warwick
- National Championship – June 7 to 9 – Victoria
- Round 3 – September 1 to 3 – Morgan Park Raceway, Warwick
- Round 4 – September 22 to 24 – Morgan Park Raceway, Warwick
- Round 5 – November 17 to 19 – Morgan Park Raceway, Warwick
We are aware you may not be available for all key dates, and attendance is flexible within the team.
The Support crew will be involved in:
- Vehicle preparation
- Mechanical work on vehicle
- Paint / panel repairs as required
- Race Day crew work
- Tuning and other maintenance
Support crew will be provided with safety gear and team shirts. This is a non-paid volunteer opportunity and any expenses must be covered by the applicant.
How to apply:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the MTAQ Racing Team Support Crew. You will gain experience, knowledge and hands-on experience in Australian motorsport.
If you are interested in joining the support crew please provide your contact details and tell us in 150 words or less why you should be chosen for this opportunity.
Email expressions of interest by 20 January 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful support crew applicants will be notified in late January 2017.
Decisions are final and no appeals will be entered into.
16 Jan 2017