Ian joined the Board in August 2014.
Ian Lawrence has extensive experience in international and national training having worked in the training industry for 25 years. After initially commencing his career as an Apprentice Automotive Refinisher in 1975, Ian returned to his studies, receiving a Bachelor of Arts in 1989, a Diploma of Vocational Education in 1991 and graduating from QUT in 1995 with an MBA.
Ian’s experience includes:
- Director of Education at the Yeronga Institute of TAFE
- Director of Educational Development at SkillsTech Australia
- Established a number of offshore training centres and programs
- Established Australian skill development programs in developing economies
- Working to strategically position SkillsTech Australia in the Trade and Technical VET marketplace
- Established a management consultancy company, Skilledge Pty Ltd, specialising in international VET Program Development and Operations